The Children and Youth Ministry at BEC
Bessacarr Evangelical Church has always been a church that is passionate about making disciples of all ages. We long to see children and young people becoming disciples of Jesus and then living whole-heartedly for him. We therefore put teaching the Bible at the heart of our ministry amongst children, families and teenagers.
During our Sunday morning service we have a range of groups where children are taught from the Bible in a way that is fun and relevant for them.
We are a church in a large suburban community that contains lots of families. We want to reach these families with the gospel and so every week we run a variety of outreach groups.
Alongside these weekly events we also regularly run Tea Time Church, an informal cafe-style service on Sunday afternoons aimed at families from the community who might not normally come to church.
We also enjoy good relationships with our local schools. Our ‘Open the Book’ team regularly go into three local primary schools to take assemblies; we also run lunchtime clubs in our local secondary school.
We are seeking the right person to join our staff team to oversee this vital ministry amongst children and young people.
The job will include;
- Overseeing and developing our existing ministry amongst children and teenagers.
- Helping to connect the schools ministry with the regular groups at BEC.
- Training new and existing volunteers so that they can be encouraged and equipped to use their gifts to serve as part of the different ministry teams.
- Work with the pastors to help equip parents to take the lead in teaching and discipling their children in the gospel.
The person we are looking for will be someone...
- With clear evangelical convictions
- Who is committed to growing in their own Christian discipleship through personal prayer, Bible study and meeting with God’s people.
- Who is passionate about reaching children and teenagers with the gospel and seeing them grow to be whole-hearted disciples of Christ.
- With a proven gift of clearly and faithfully teaching the Bible to Children and Teenagers.
- Who is able to oversee and lead teams of volunteers, equipping and training them to use their gifts in ministry.
- Who is in agreement with our Statement of Faith, Covenant of Fellowship and our Distinctives and Differences.
Please take time to explore the rest of our website. We hope this will give you a snapshot of BEC.
For more information about the role please contact Jonathan Edmonds
If you would like to apply, please send us;
- A cover letter introducing yourself and telling us why you would be suited to the role
- Your CV including details of your experience and training in youth and children’s ministry
- The names and contact details of of two referees (one of whom should be your current church leader.)
You can send us these either by email or by post
The closing date for applications is Friday 26th January 2018.
We envisage the successful candidate to start by September 2018.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS clearance.