We believe in:-
- The divine inspiration and authority of the Holy Scriptures. The Bible alone speaks with final authority and is sufficient for all matters of belief and practice.
- The unity of the Godhead, comprising the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, to whom equal honour is due
- The Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of the Eternal God:-
- who became truly man, being conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary
- who died on the cross as a sacrifice for his people’s sins
- who was raised from the dead on the third day
- who ascended to the right hand of God where he serves as the only mediator between God and man
- who will come again to receive His people to Himself and establish His kingdom.
- The fall of man and the sinfulness of human nature as a result of that fall.
- Salvation is entirely a work of God’s grace and cannot be earned or deserved. It has been accomplished by the Lord Jesus Christ and is offered to all in the gospel. God in his love forgives sinners whom he calls, granting them repentance and faith. All who believe in Christ are justified by faith alone, adopted into the family of God and receive eternal life.
- The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to bring about the new birth and to enable the believer to live a new life.
- The ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper as being instituted by our Lord Jesus Christ.
- The resurrection of the body; the judgement of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ; with the eternal blessedness of the righteous and the eternal punishment of the unrighteous.
BEC is a member of the Fellowship of Independent Evangelical Churches.