As a church we love to be able to all meet together to hear God’s word, to pray, to sing and to spend time chatting and encouraging one another.
Sadly we are not all able to meet together at the moment. Whilst some of us will be able to meet at Hall Cross, many of us will have to continue to join the services online. We value everybody in our church family whether they join us in person or online. Whether we are at Hall Cross or at home we remain one church family united in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Join us in person
To ensure that our services are Covid secure we have had to make changes to how we meet together.
- Booking is essential. Everybody, including children, who wishes to attend needs book a place. You will need to book each week if you wish to attend on Sunday. Booking is essential because capacity is limited and to aid Track and Trace. By law we are required to keep a record of who attends for 21 days.
If you or anyone in your household has symptoms of Covid-19 then please do not attend. Similarly please stay at home if you have been told to by Track and Trace. Click here for a list of symptoms.
Face coverings are required by law in church services so everybody attending must wear a face covering while they are in the building. Click here for a list of those who are exempt from wearing a face covering.
- Currently we are not able to sing together but we will be able to listen to pre-recorded music to help us worship God in our hearts.
- There will be no children’s groups but all families are welcome to attend and there will be a children’s talk in the service and a families sheet to help children and teenagers engage with the service. Download this week’s families sheet.
- Mingling and socialising between households is not currently allowed under government guidance. This applies in the building and on the field or in the car park.
- We are not able to serve drinks nor will we be able to hand out Bibles or service sheets. Please bring your own Bible, drinks and anything else that you will need.
Before coming to a service please watch this video which explains more of the changes we have had to make and the steps we will all need to take to keep everyone safe.
To ensure that our services are Covid secure we have worked with Hall Cross to complete a thorough risk assessment. Click here to view our risk assessment.
The government guidance for churches and those wishing to attend services is constantly being updated. Click here to read the latest government guidance.
We know that not everyone will be able to attend the services at Hall Cross so we will be Live-Streaming our service on Youtube and on our Website every Sunday morning. The service will start at 10.30am but the Live Stream will begin from 10.15am. If you miss the service or wish to watch it again it will be available on Youtube or on our website.
We want to maintain our sense of unity as a church even though some of us will be joining in person and others will be joining online. We also value everybody in our church family whether they are able to be at Hall Cross or watch the service at home. Our services will therefore have a mix of live elements from Hall Cross and pre-recorded elements from people’s homes as an expression of our unity as a church in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Live-streaming from a school hall is difficult and requires a lot of technology. Please bear with us if there are technical difficulties some week. We will do our best to serve those joining online as well as those joining in person at Hall Cross.
If you have any questions then please get in touch with us and we will do our best to help.